Bulgaria, in making use of structural funds, has elaborated for the 2007-2013 period a National strategic framework consisting of seven Operational Programmes (PO).
This National strategic framework contains two main objectives for the nation of Bulgaria:
- Reinforce the competitiveness of the economy in order to achieve high and sustainable growth;
- Develop human capital to increase the levels of employment, income and social integration.
The main areas of intervention, in order to achieve the aforementioned goals, are:
- Improving physical infrastructure;
- Increasing the quality of human capital with special attention paid to employment;
- Promoting entrepreneurship and an environment that is favourable to businesses and good governance;
- A balanced territorial development.