IPSSART Spoleto “GIANCARLO DE CAROLIS” PROFESSIONAL PUBLIC SCHOOL FOR HOTEL CATERING AND COMMERCIAL HOTEL SERVICES.
The mobility project tied to Key Action 1- Learning Mobility of individuals-mobility project for VET learners and staff Hotel@WBL.vet "Work based learning (WBL) for catering and hotel management professional training” is offered by a local partnership between:
1) IPSSART de Carolis Hotel School Spoleto (PG)
2) Professional Public School for Wine & Food Services and Hotel Accommodation and Commercial Services Assisi (PG)
3) "Patrizi Baldelli Cavallotti" Secondary School in Città di Castello
4) UTC Umbria Training Center in Scheggino (PG)
along with an international partnership comprised of various organisations. The international structure consists of 6 intermediary agencies located in Spain, Bulgaria, United Kingdom, Germany and Greece, as well as of a large number of hosting organisations (including training centres and companies in the hotel, wine & food and tourist hospitality sectors). The mobility project involves 100 students from the third to fifth year of the course (5 of which are disabled) and 16 teachers from schools involved in the national partnership. The goal of the Hotel@WBL.vet project is to improve the conditions for students to alternate school with work in an international context, in order to increase the chances of finding a job and to provide teachers with the teaching skills needed to manage the education-work transition.
The main goals of the project are:
• Give students the chance to alternate school with working abroad, so that they can develop basic technical and transversal skills in which traineeship alternates with training. To this end, learners are supported so they can better assimilate the knowledge, skills and attitudes needed for their personal development and to improve their chances at finding a job both at the local and European level.
• Provide the teaching staff training experience abroad so that they can acquire specific methodological tools to carry out foreign mobility projects and create the institutional framework to manage any incoming foreign students involved in the mobility project.
The project activities consist of three phases:
1) Preparatory step: during which the students (after a selection process) will be informed and educated on the experience and the operational and cultural context of the hosting organisation. During this phase didactic activities are performed to help explain and provide information on all those aspects that will improve the experience in a foreign land, including linguistic improvement.
2) Mobility Management: during which the students will take part in the traineeship and be supported by a mentor who will advise and guide the participants during the entire experience abroad. Tutoring will guarantee the quality of the training programme.
3) Post mobility step: during this phase information activities, monitoring reports and ECVET credit attribution will take place.
Enjoy the video: <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8E29zuKYibY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>